Devlyn here with another newsletter. It's been a while since the last one in December, but we've got all sorts of news to pass along. We have been very busy at Odd Bodkin; designing new products, adding new features and items to the website, social networking and, of course, lots of sewing!
Check out the links below for the various items of interest.
Not seeing the links? Go to http://www.oddbodkin.com/shop/index.php?main_page=more_news&news_id=5 for an HTML version.
- Website Features
- Layaway payments on Website
- Now you can order on the website and set up a payment plan instead of paying for everything up front.
- Fan Club
- Many of our clients have sent us pictures over the years. We have finally posted a photo album so you can see what other people do with their garb. Lots of great ideas! Want to be included? Email us with your picture and desired caption. Photos submitted become our property and we may use them on the website as well but never for embarrassing or insidious purposes! :)
- Friend Links
- At Odd Bodkin we are all about the networking. Have a website of your own? Want to see what websites & products we recommend? You can submit your website to be included in our Friend Links page. Please provide a reciprocal link and a description of your site, services and products. We reserve the right to NOT include anyone for any reason and to edit the included text.
- News links
- We now have a news section on our website. This will be the FIRST place we list any changes that might be of interest to our clients as well as any older documents. I'll be posting more regularly with new products, policies and updates.
- Cropped Brigantine
- Our fabulous Brigantine bodice in a cropped version perfect for belly dancers and pregnant ladies. Order by June 30 and get an additional 10% off.
- Countess Bodice
- A new addition to our line is this super versatile bodice. Read more about this creation...
- Wench Bodice
- The most popular new bodice of the season! A great sweetheart neckline with a collarless design. An amazingly flattering front laced bodice that we think you'll love!
- Now you can order trim from us by the yard in a variety of styles and colors. We also have some exciting new products using these trims. Chemises and pants take on a whole new dimension when you add one of these fabulous new trims!
- Just like Trim, you can also order our signature Venetian Lace for use on your own projects at home!
- Replacement Laces
- Have you worn out or lost your laces? Order new ones here, or corset lacing by the yard for your own projects!
- Fabric News
- New Broadcloth
- Suppliers have discontinued many of our fabrics. Read about our new fabulous replacement! You can also see pictures of the colors available and some items made of the new fabric here! Read all about why we are so excited about this new change!
- Cotton Fabric Discontinued
- Sadly, our gorgeous cotton broadcloth has been discontinued. Good news for you though! We found a great replacement and products made out of our leftover cotton are on sale from now until it's gone! Check the sales section below.
45" wide Cotton Blend Fabric Discontinued
- Just like our cotton broadcloth, this cotton blend has been discontinued. We will miss some of the colors, but in the meantime, the products made out of what remains is on sale from now until it's sold out! Check the sales section below.
- Off Site
- Coming soon - We'll add links as they become available!
- Cropped Maiden
- Cropped Wench Bodices
- Used Garb
- New Trims
- Trimmed Chemises & Shirts
- Collarless Shirts/Tunics
- Night Lights - 20% off til June 30
- Pin-Up Daggers - 30% off til June 30
- Discontinued Items - $5 off until gone!
- Cotton Angel, Split Sleeve & Standard Chemises
- Cotton Partlets
- Cotton Pirate, Baron & Knight's Shirts
- Cotton Bloomers
- Standard Sized Skirts
- Cropped Brigantine - 10% off til June 30
- Statuettes - 25% off til June 30
- Festival & Mall News
- Tortuga Trading Post
- In addition to our shop in Miamisburg, you can see our products at this shop located in the Northgate Mall outside of Cincinnati. Owned by my friend Scott of Journeyman Leather and the Pirates Treasure, you can find all sorts of items for the discerning Renaissance buyer.
- Kentucky Renaissance Festival
- Devlyn is planning a visit on June 20th to see Albannach. If you see me out and about, say hi!
- Michigan Renaissance Festival
- I'm hoping to make a trip to the Michigan faire this year to see friends and patrons. I'll update my schedule as it firms up.
- Ohio Renaissance Festival
- As usual, I'll be out visiting ORF several weekends this year. You can usually find me in the pub with friends or wandering about catching up with my ORF peeps.
- Bristol Renaissance Festival
- I made a trip to Bristol last year and LOVED it. I'd like to make it out again this year but as usual my schedule and fundage is always a factor. Buy something and help fund my trip!
I think that's a rather good update all in all. I'll try to send more newsletters (but not TOO many!) more regularly to keep everyone up to date without being annoying, I hope!
Have a great festival season!